1986 VAGABOND 42 KETCH
ASKING PRICE $89,900.
SPECIFICATIONS LOCATED: IL
LOA: 41' 08" DRAFT: 5' 06" SAIL AREA: 871 SF.
LWL: 34' 00" BALLAST: 9,200 LBS. WATER CAP.: 140 GAL.
BEAM: 12' 10" DISPL: 28,500 LBS. FUEL CAP.: 110 GAL.
EQUIPMENT: Lehman FWC 90 hp. diesel, roller furling headsail, MUCH MORE!
ELECTRONICS: VHF, DS, KM, Log, Wind, Radar, Autopilot, GPS, Plotte, MORE!
FACTS: Easily handled Staysail Ketch rig, loaded with equipment and ready to go sailing.
(One click photos to enlarge)
1986 Vagabond 42 Staysail Ketch "BLACK SWAN"
Full Keel w/ Fore & Aft Cutaways & Skeg Hung Rudder Non-skid Decks
Main Saloon View Port Fwd Saloon View Stb Aft Saloon View Aft
Galley Aft Port Side Galley View Aft Galley View Fwd
Navigation Station Forward Head Aft Head w/ Shower
Fwd Stateroom w/ Upper & Pull Out Double Lower Aft Stateroom Queen View Fwd
Layout Drawing Engine Room Sail Plan
ACCOMMODATIONS: "Black Swan" is a beautiful Vagabond 42 Staysail Ketch that represents an exceptional value on the liveaboard/cruiser market. She has been superbly maintained by her current owner and is now available for her next adventure. Designed in by George Stadel, she boasts the traditional fine solid teak joinery found throughout in the Vagabond yachts, combined with the extra attention to function and ease of handling by a couple or the short handed sailor. "Black Swan" offers comfortable living and dining spaces along with the opportunity to sleep two in a queen aft stateroom with ensuite head and shower. There is additional sleeping for up to 5 people in the forward cabin with its own head, the starboard quarter cabin, and saloon. The large saloon has plenty of room and a great galley to serve all. Welcome Aboard.
* One-piece hand laid-up fiberglass
* Molded flange to receive the deck.
* Molded in-plank lines.
* Molded-in boot top.
* Internal cast-iron ballast.
* Fixed keel molded-in hull.
* Color: white
* One-piece hand laid-up fiberglass deck
* Molded-in non-skid surfaces.
* Molded-in bossings for stanchion bases.
* Stainless steel cowl vents.
* Two foredeck lockers.
* Aluminum hatches.
* Teak cockpit seating.
* Cockpit coaming storage.
* Teak cap-rail.
HARDWARE AND DECK FITTINGS:
* Traditional pedestal with stainless steel wheel and engine controls.
* Welded stainless steel double bow and stern pulpits.
* Double anchor rollers.
* Teak bow pulpit grating.
* Hawse cleats forward and aft.
* Two hawse cleats amidships.
* Stainless steel double life lines.
* Stainless steel stanchions.
* Double port and starboard lifeline gates.
* Stainless steel opening ports.
* Two fixed stern windows.
* Aluminum hatches.
* Lehman 90hp Diesel engine, fresh-water cooled, with start and stop switches.
* Stainless steel shaft and bronze propeller.
* Refrigeration in the galley ice boxes.
* Stainless steel 2 burner LPG gimbaled stove with oven.
* Stainless steel water tanks, totaling approximately 140 gallons.
* Pressure hot and cold water.
* Aft head w/ stall shower.
* Electric bilge pump.
* Manual bilge pump.
* Two manual marine heads.
* Two fuel tanks totaling approximately 110 gallons.
* 110 Volt AC is provided through shore connectorr.
* 12 Volt DC is provided.
* Newmar 12-45 battery charger.
* Main electrical panel with circuit breakers in navigation station.
* 12 Volt DC cabin lights in ceiling and lockers.
* Navigation lights on bow and stern pulpits and deck light & anchor light on mast.
ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION:
* Autohelm autopilot.
* Garmin 210 GPS chart plotter.
* Raymarine SL 70 Radar.
* Autohelm knot meter w/ log, depth meter, wind machine
SPARS AND RIGGING:
* Isomat aluminum masts and booms.
* Staysail ketch rig with self tending staysail.
* Roller furling headsail.
* Stainless steel standing rigging:
* Internal halyards with dedicated rope clutches leading to cockpit.
* Heavy duty Dacron cruising sails (main and mizzen North Sails new 2008).
* Self tailing cockpit winches.two-speed winch for outhauls, sheets, and furling lines with 7 rope clutches.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice....Read full description